Flavio Tavares Schirmer
My Cover Letter
Major Graduate in Social Communication
Bachelor Degree in Journalism
Academic knowledge on social communication field extended my scope on multiple subjects that relate to Software and Visual Design. Information architecture; Online and Digital Journalism. History of Art; Media distribution; Business 101; Typography and many others.
My final paper talks about Online/Digital Journalism; Mobile Readability; Customization and Personalization of News; Using Algorithms to Maximize the News Experience. The full 93 page is in portuguese, but you can see the abstract here.
I conducted an extensive project on usability and information display on Social Networks. This project was important for the beginning of my working understanding of academic concepts in the development of an application. The paper was published and presented in the 2014 - 17th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction.
My goal is to maximize the potential knowledge of and major degree with experience in development.
at San Diego University via Coursera
The extension course it’s made of seven modules, including: Human-Centered Design; Fundamentals of Design; Social Computing; Social Interaction; Research and Prototyping; Information Design; Conceptualizing and Design Thinking; and a Interaction Design Capstone Project.
Design technologies that bring people joy, rather than frustration. Designing ideas, techniques for quickly prototyping them, and how to use prototypes to get feedback from other stakeholders like your teammates, clients, and users. Principles of visual design, perception, and cognition that inform effective interaction design.
- 5+ years hands-on experience in User Interface and User Experience Design, Information Architecture, Web Design, Graphic Design, and related fields like Branding.
- Experience using prototyping and wireframe tools and techniques
- Strong conceptual understanding of current online technologies and the principles of good Web design
- Conceptual understanding about design themes and scalable dynamic GUIs
- Up-to-date on best practices for UI design and usability
- Strong familiarity with the process of creating digital properties from conception and wire-framing to hi-fidelity design comps to collect initial user feedback
- Ability to communicate design recommendations to both peers and company leaders
- Create visually stunning interface designs for existing products and future prototypes
- Work directly with product managers and developers to ensure design is properly applied to the product
- Create innovative solutions to tough interface challenges
- Develop design patterns for reuse and consistency
- Interact directly with stakeholders and customers to inform your designs
- Inject design processes into agile development cycles
- Design and structure graphical web-based UIs
- Conduct UI/UX evaluations with end-users
- Create and maintain visual assets
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Photoshop and Adobe XD Specially
- Basic experience in Video and sound editing
and Information Structure
The designer helps in the process of strategic design projects, taking responsibility for the overall customer experience and performance of the visual design.
I use academic knowledge in social communication together with the best practices of usability. The graphic part should serve as a tool to communicate the user and guide it to reach the goal.
Interaction with Developers
and other areas of IT
My professional life began with my friendship with some developers. From the questioning and dialogue. Good design comes from a good study, prototypes and more prototypes until you find the most appropriate solution for the demand.
Rapid growth means I'm a designer that are never bored or "stuck" with the same sub-feature forever. There are always new and interesting problems to solve, interfaces to designs and improvements to make.
Work with Marketing and Sales
The design team gets pulled in multiple directions every once in awhile. Listening to our customer success and marketing teams is a critical part of our job as it increases our ability as designers to produce the best possible solution to user facing problems. UI Design is extremely important. If the software is not beautiful and easy to use, I'm not satisfied.