Flavio Tavares Schirmer
Understanding H-1B Requirements
You must have an employer-employee relationship with the petitioning U.S. employer.
The most challenging and difficult requirement thus far.
Your job must qualify as a specialty occupation by meeting one of the following criteria?
- A bachelor’s degree or higher degree or its equivalent is normally the minimum requirement for the particular position;
- The degree requirement is common for this position in the industry, or the job is so complex or unique that it can only be performed by someone with at least a bachelor's degree in a field related to the position;
- The employer normally requires a degree or its equivalent for the position; or
- The nature of the specific duties is so specialized and complex that the knowledge required to perform the duties is usually associated with the attainment of a bachelor's or higher degree.
Good to go in the first sentence in the Requirement 2. That's great!
Requirement 3: Your job must be in a specialty occupation related to your field of study.
This can be a little tricky, but it's easy. The US State Department made a list so I can proove that my degree matches my profession.
"Some of the evidence you may submit to demonstrate that your degree is related to your position includes:
- A detailed explanation of the specific duties of the position, the product or service your company provides, or the complex nature of the role you will perform, and how your degree relates to the role.
- Written opinions from experts in the field explaining how the degree is related to the role you will perform.
- Printouts from online resources describing the degree fields normally associated with the occupation.
- Evidence that similar companies in your industry require similar degrees for similar positions.
I have a detailed explanation.
A lot of written opinions from experts.
Online resources, such as articles explaining my activity..
Evidence that my industry require similar degrees.
All points check out ;)